Monday, December 1, 2008

Advent!

It's beginning to look like Christmas around our house!


Every year, I buy those cheap chocolate advent calendars for the kids, but, this year I decided to sew an advent calendar and put my own treats in for each day. I wasn't sure if this was going to be too big a task, but I surprised myself.


I found a great fabric panel that already had nice squares for pockets. I just had to cut out each individual square, iron little seams down each side, and then sew them on the red panel. A little time consuming, but I'm very happy with the results. Take a peek...


I'm not sure what I'm going to do exactly for the numbers of each day. I may just take some ribbon and hang the number on each pocket and after the kids get their chocolate, they can tuck the number in the pocket and they can see how many days until Christmas.







Here's a close up of some of the pockets.



5 comments:

mearybeary said...

WOOT WOOT that's looks great. Love it. This past sunday our pastor did a sermon about advent as well. I like yours better then the chocolate ones. Mmmmm gets' me thinking.

Unknown said...

Wow that turned out nice. What a good idea finding material with blocks already on it. What did the kids think of it?

Down on the Snyders Farm said...

The kids love it. They get chocolate every morning before breakfast!

Unknown said...

No wonder, who wouldn't like chocolate before breakfast. lol

Cindy B said...

looks great Bren!